With fast client speeds and great access point capacity, along with local and network-wide spectrum reuse, the cost-effective, connectorized A5x delivers fiber-fast connectivity for any unlicensed Fixed Wireless network. The A5x is well suited for short to long-range pole and tower point-to-multipoint (PTMP) applications, access point colocation (GPS sync), and Municipal and Rural Licensed Public Safety multipoint (4.9 GHz; rest-of-world product). In situations where the A5c connectorized 4x4 access point is too much or too powerful, the A5x is the perfect choice.
Compact and powerful, the A5x is built for short to long-range pole and tower point-to-multipoint (PTMP) applications. In situations where the power and range of the 4x4 A5c access point isn't needed, the connectorized, 2x2 A5x is the perfect solution.
Finding the right access points that offer affordability, without compromising quality and performance, has been a dilemma. The A5x changes that. It's the ideal solution whether you're starting a new network or expanding coverage, all while achieving faster ROI.
Breaking the barriers to entry, the A5x is a connectorized, 2x2 access point that delivers fiber-like speeds of up to 700 Mbps (IP).
With new spectrum becoming available in both 4.9 and 6 GHz, the wide frequency of the A5x (4.9–6.4 GHz with the ROW product) will allow affordable access to more low-noise spectrum for increased speeds and reliability—especially paired with SRS (GPS sync) for channel reuse.
The A5x, with its die-cast aluminum metal backing, is designed and built to withstand the harshest outdoor elements.
While almost any 2x2 3rd party antenna will work with the A5x, the Mimosa N5-45x2 comes most recommended. Get all the ground coverage of a sector, along with the sidelobe rejection of a horn.
The Mimosa N5-45x2 is the industry’s first sector antenna to deliver the best of both worlds — incredible noise rejection and long-distance performance, with wideband 4.9–6.4GHz operation for fixed wireless broadband. The dual-slant polarization, 45º sector can be used with any third-party 2x2 MIMO radio solution, or two N545x2 antennas can be connected to the 4x4 MIMO Mimosa A5c access point, aimed in different directions, for 2x spectrum reuse, superior range and noise rejection at collocation and tower sites.
Reject Noise and Synchronize
Overcoming noise at tower sites is key to scaling capacity. The N5-45x2 delivers industry-leading side lobe rejection and an unprecedented 43 dB front-to-back (FTB) performance — the highest FTB ratio of any sector or horn antenna in the industry. Compatible with any third-party, 2x2 MIMO radio solution, there’s no higher performance antenna in the industry.
Supporting 4.9 GHz public safety applications and multipoint licensed operation up to 6.4 GHz, where regulations allow, the N5-45x2 provides an additional 800 MHz of spectrum beyond the crowded 5.15–5.85 GHz unlicensed channels.
Go the Distance
The Mimosa N5-45x2 offers the best of both worlds — a long distance, high gain sector with the superior noise isolation of a horn. Competitive sectors offer high-gain, but fail to reduce side lobe and front-toback noise. Symmetric horn antennas achieve good noise isolation, but typically offer lower gain and inefficient symmetrical ground coverage patterns.
Compatible with Third-Party Radios
Blending the best of sector antennas with the best features of a horn, the Mimosa N5-45x2 is a great sector antenna choice to use with any 2x2 MIMO radio. Even better, the ultra-wide 9º vertical beamwidth covers substantially more ground than other leading sector antennas.
• Max Throughput: Up to 700 Mbps (IP)
• Client Capacity:
64 clients (WiFi Interop);
44 clients (SRS/GPS sync)
• Wireless Protocols: WiFi Interop, Spectrum Reuse Synchronization (SRS/GPS sync)
• MIMO & Modulation: 2x2:2 MIMO OFDM up to MCS9 (256-QAM 5/6)
• Bandwidth: 20/40/80 MHz channels;
Tunable in 5 MHz increments for GPS Sync;
Tunable to standard WiFi channels for WiFi Interop
• Frequency Range:
5150–5850 MHz FCC/ETSI/CA
4900–6400 MHz ROW
Restricted by country of operation
• Max Output Power: 27 dBm
• Sensitivity (MCS 0):
-87 dBm @ 80 MHz
-90 dBm @ 40 MHz
-93 dBm @ 20 MHz
• Max Power Consumption: 9–12.9 W
• System Power Method:
Passive PoE (24–56 VDC)
• System Lightning & ESD Protection: 6 kV
• PoE Power Supply:
Passive POE compliant, 24–56 VDC (PoE injector not included)
Height: 188.4 mm (7.42” including gland)
Width: 75 mm (2.95”)
Depth: 44 mm (1.73”)
• Weight: 0.30 kg (0.70 lbs)
• Enclosure Characteristics: Outdoor UV-stabilized engineered polymer with integrated mounting back
• Mounting: Single pole strap (not included) and slip on mount for comparable antennas
• Connector Type: (2) RP-SMA (female)
• Outdoor Ingress Protection Rating: IP67
• Operating Temperature: -40°C to +55°C
(-40°F to 131°F)
• Operating Humidity: 5 to 100% condensing
• Operating Altitude: 4,420 m
• Shock & Vibration: ETS 300-019-2-4 class 4M5
• Gigabit Ethernet: 10/100/1000-BASE-T
• Collocation Synchronization:
1PPS GPS TX/RX synchronization for collocated co-channel radios; Adjustable up/downstream bandwidth ratio
• Management Services:
Cloud monitoring and provisioning; SNMPv2c/v3; Syslog; HTTPS; HTML 5-based Web GUI; mDNS support; IPv4 and IPv6
• Smart Spectrum Management: Active scan monitors/logs ongoing RF interference across channels (no service impact); Dynamic autooptimization of channel and bandwidth use
• Security: WPA2; AES; RADIUS; 802.1x authorization
• VLANs: Per subscriber VLAN;
Management VLAN; CPE data VLAN;
Passthrough mode; Untagged traffic control;
• QoS: Supports 3 user-configurable QoS levels for SRS (GPS Sync) (CBWFQ); Behavior Aggregate (BA) and CoS Classifier, with user-configurable precedence
• GPS Location: GNSS1 (GPS + GLONASS) Regulatory + Compliance
• Approvals: FCC Part 15.407 and Part 90Y, IC RSS210, CE, ETSI 301 893/302 502
• RoHS Compliance: Yes
• Safety: EN 62638-1
Technical Specifications Antenna
Shipping Box Dimensions:
Regulatory and Compliance