The Brocade 6505 Switch provides exceptional price/performance value, combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality in an entry-level switch. Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the Brocade 6505 is configurable in 12 or 24 ports and supports 2, 4, 8, or 16 Gbps speeds in an efficiently designed 1U package.
Flexible, Easy-to-Use Entry-Level SAN Switch for Private Cloud Storage
To keep pace with growing business demands, data centers are transitioning to highly virtualized, private cloud storage environments. This approach enables organizations to consolidate and simplify their IT resources, resulting in increased business agility and lower capital and operating expenses. But virtualization is not without its challenges. Data centers must keep up with the explosive data growth and dynamic changes driven by virtualized workloads. Selecting the right network is key to realizing the full benefits of these cloud-based architectures.
Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the Brocade 6505 is configurable in 12 or 24 ports and supports 2, 4, 8, or 16 Gbps speeds in an efficiently designed 1U package. It comes standard with a single power supply with integrated fans. A second, optional power supply provides additional redundancy for increased resiliency.
A simplified deployment process and a point-and-click user interface make the Brocade 6505 both powerful and easy to use. Moreover, the Brocade 6505 offers low-cost access to industry-leading Storage Area Network (SAN) technology while providing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
- Provides exceptional price/performance value, combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality in a 24-port, 1U entry-level switch
- Enables fast, easy, and cost-effective scaling from 12 to 24 ports using Ports on Demand (PoD) capabilities
- Maximizes resiliency with non-disruptive software upgrades and an optional redundant power supply
- Simplifies deployment with the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard
- Streamlines deployment and troubleshooting time with dynamic fabric provisioning, critical monitoring, and advanced diagnostic features
- Simplifies server connectivity and SAN scalability by offering dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or an NPIV-enabled Brocade Access Gateway
- Simplifies and centralizes management through Brocade Network Advisor, reducing operational costs and complexity
Fibre Channel ports:
- Switch mode (default): 12- and 24-port configurations (12-port increment through Ports on Demand [PoD] license); universal (E, F, M, D) ports
- Brocade Access Gateway default port mapping: 16 F_Ports, 8 N_Ports
- Full-fabric architecture with a maximum of 239 switches
- 6000 active nodes; 56 switches, 19 hops in Brocade Fabric OS® fabrics; 31 switches, three hops in Brocade M-EOS fabrics; larger fabrics certified as required
- Auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16 Gbps port speeds
- Frame-based trunking with up to eight 16 Gbps ports per ISL trunk; up to 128 Gbps per ISL trunk. Exchange-based load balancing across ISLs with DPS included in Brocade Fabric OS. There is no limit to how many trunk groups can be configured in the switch.
- 384 Gbps end-to-end full duplex
Maximum fabric latency:
- Latency for locally switched ports is 700 ns; Forward Error Correction (FEC) adds 400 ns between E_Ports (enabled by default).
Maximum frame size:
- 2112 byte payload
- 8192 dynamically allocated
Classes of service:
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- D_Port (Diagnostic Port), E_Port, F_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port); self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port); optional port type control
- Brocade Access Gateway mode: F_Port and NPIV-enabled N_Port
Data traffic types:
- Fabric switches supporting unicast